Thursday, October 30, 2008

Perfume does NOT make you Jessica Simpson : )

Once I saw a commercial for the Venus razor blades. The commercial and advertisements slogan was "like a goddess". From right there, I was hooked, I want to be a goddess! My attention turned, and I saw the flashing colors, the gorgeous girls, and the shine of their skin. At that single moment in time, I thought my skin could look like that and I could become that gorgeous girl because I would be shaving with VENUS blades.
I, then, added it to my mother's grocery list and they came home to me that next day, as if it was a huge gift that would transform me into something sexy. It turns out, they gave me the worse razor burn I have ever had. My mother, then preceded back to the store to get my revitalizing lotion, a generic kind, that took my "goddess" looks away.

Someone might say that perfume gives you a sense of sexy confidence. Which I would agree with, yet, it will not make you look gorgeous or it will not make you BE sexy. The reason a typical person buys perfume is because it reaches and enhances one of our senses; our smell.
You can see with this ad, as Jessica Simpson uses her looks and her sex appeal to sell her product. But the end result is the judgment we establish while smelling the perfume. If we look at this ad and the next day go to buy the perfume and it smells like cat pee, I am sure one would rethink the product. A great smelling product may, in your opinion, make you feel sexy, but it will not give you sex appeal, it will enhance your smell.

This ad does not sell perfume, it sells the name, the line Of Jessica Simpson.

No comments: