Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Essay 4: An Inconvenient Truth

An Inconvenient Truth is a movie that was directed by Davis Guggenheim and released August 31, 2006. It is a documentary of Al Gore's political reign and his view of Global Warming. His main goal in this movie is to get the message out about Global Warming. He wants to open his audiences eyes to all the aspects of global warming; the cause and effect, examples, solutions,etc.
This movie follows Al Gore to various locations, all around the world, where he lectures slideshow presentation on Global Warming. There are other scenes that take the movie inside Al Gore's personal life. This movie ties the issue of Global Warming to everyday life using a number of statistics and facts about Global Warming and of Al Gore's life happenings.

My opinion is this movie is a 4/5 stars. It is a very controversial movie since it is dealing with Global Warming but it instills the problem of Global Warming into the audience. I have watched this movie about 3 times, all for educational purposes. Every time I have watched it, it still shocks me. The statistics make my jaw drop, continuously.
An Inconvenient Truth is a very great movie that shows a personal relationship with global warming. This movie has humor, it is astounding, and quite uncomfortable to watch - in a good way!

Watch the TRAILER!!

2 comments:

Jamie Fiddler said...

I have never seen this movie, but I hear people talk about it all the time. I think this would be a good movie to choose for this essay because it is about global warming. I think that you could argue either way that global warming is happening or it is not. I really like the trailer.

Carissa Ormsby said...

Hey Jessica! I have not seen this film but it sounds very interesting and I might just have to watch it now! I liked that you had a link to the youtube video. You were very descriptive and I liked how you presented what the movie entitled. I think this is a great movie to chose because many people don't care about global warming and this movie seems very educational!! I'm looking forward to reading your paper!!